Hi Tom Olsewski with Team Olsewski and Coldwell Banker.
The market in the Southwest Riverside County has shifted. This is not the precursor to the next Real Estate bubble. The real estate market is constantly changing and this current change is just something you should be aware of whether you are buying or selling. Basically, the number of homes on the market has bumped up some. For the bulk of the market it just means that it has gone from an extreme sellers market to just a sellers market.
So I have seen a recent Real Estate Ad running and stating you don’t get anything more for your money when you sell with an agent. I just wanted to go over briefly what you should be getting.
Communication is important and you should be getting updates on a regular basis. A system that you can log into that you can see the status of your listing and what tasks have been completed.
A good marketing plan that will get your home exposed to the most possible prospective buyers. Call, email, or text me if you are thinking about selling and I will share with you my 150 step marketing plan. Just a brief overview of the highlights:
- Professional Marketing
- Professional Quality Photography (No cell phone pictures!)
- Professional Copywriting highlighting the best features of your home used in Video, Digital and print materials.
- Non-branded virtual tour.
- Video tour of home and community highlighted on YouTube.
- Single property website
- Just listed email blast to prospective buyers and agents
- Open house social media blast
- High Quality glossy brochures
- Expert Negotiation
So the importance of all of this is that to sell your home in a reasonable amount of time, for the most money possible, you need a plan to get your home exposed to prospective buyers. With the recent shift in the marketplace there are more homes on the market or more competition for prospective buyers. It will be more difficult to sell by just placing the home on the MLS, placing a sign out front, and hoping the home sells. This is your average agents market plan.
So regardless of how much you pay to sell your home make sure it includes a good marketing plan. When you are told how much your home will sell for make sure you ask “So what are you going to do to get this price?”.
So these are some examples of what you should get from an experienced agent:
- Couple looking to sell their home. Upon meeting with them and asking what would an acceptable sales price be for their home? They respond back that another agent had told them $380,000 would be a good selling price. After researching the area and comparing their home to others that had recently sold in the area I had determined that $410,000 would be a more reasonable sales price. After 7 days on the market we received a full price offer and ultimately closed at full price. The sellers enjoyed $30,000 more upon the sale of their home. Now that is getting something more for their commission!
- Listed home in Temecula that had a similar home for sale next to it, that had a pool. I listed for $1,000 more then other home that was already on the market for 45 days. Sold for full price in 14 days and the other home sold for $15,000 less and took 95 days.
- Took over a listing on a home in Perris that had been on the market for 132 days with another agent. Sold the home for over $45,000 more then previous agent.
- Took over another listing in Lake Elsinore that had been on the market for 85 days with no offers. Sold this home for over $25,000 more then the previous agent had listed.
- Took over a listing on a home in Murrieta that had been listed with a previous agent for 6 months with no sale. SOLD
To get results like this consistently takes a great marketing plan. The combination of what Team Olsewski and Coldwell Banker can offer are second to none. If you are thinking about selling lets get together and let us show you how we can get the most possible for your home.
If you would like to see what the market activity is like in your area feel free to search on www.Find-YourDreamHome.com. Curious what your home is worth today? www.Your-Home-Value-Now.com To find out more on what we do to sell homes for more www.WeSellHomesForMore.com